I have a degree in Linguistics, but I work as a programmer. Most of my expertise about English is self-taught, plus lots of random trivia I've acquired here and there.
This is my favorite EL&U comment ever:
This isn't really a question about English so much as a question about hugs. Source
Top Network Posts
- 453Did English ever have a formal version of "you"?
- 117How many tenses are there in English?
- 114When "etc." is at the end of a phrase, do you place a period after it?
- 90Show current assembly instruction in gdb
- 79What is the correct possessive for nouns ending in "‑s"?
- 69If the letter J is only 400–500 years old, was there a J sound that preceded the design of the letter?
- 62Why is Visual C++ lacking refactor functionality?
- View more network posts →