"If a dozen men, working eight hours a day, had to dig a hole ten-and-a-half miles deep—how long would it be, including Sundays, before they put down their spades?"
The King's eyes shone with a cunning sparkle. He gazed at the Cat with a look of triumph. But the Cat had its answer ready.
"Two seconds," it said quickly, with a little flick of its tail.
"Two seconds! Are you mad? The answer's in years!" The King rubbed his hands together with glee at the thought of the Cat's mistake.
"I repeat," said the Cat. "It would take them two seconds. To dig such a hole would be utterly foolish. 'Ten miles deep?' they would say. 'Why, what on earth for?'"
The Cat that looked at a King.
Top Network Posts
- 63Linux: find out what process is using all the RAM?
- 46Are there any flights which permits a Sikh to carry a kirpan?
- 33If, like Edward Snowden, your passport was revoked or cancelled, how could you travel?
- 30Does condition 8115 mean you can't check your work email?
- 29Will Wi-Fi passwords in Russia be in Cyrillic? How do I type them on a Latin keyboard?
- 29How do I deal with PPACA ("Obamacare") as an expatriate (US citizen)?
- 28How do I login as root?
- View more network posts →